To add a video to your website, follow these steps:
1. Log into VedaCMS and click on "Video".
2. Click "Add Video".
3. On the Add Video page, select how you would like to add a video.
Option #1: Embed Code (recommended)
You can upload your video to a Video sharing site such as Vimeo.com or similar. After the video is uploaded, they'll provide you with a block of 'embed' code that can be used to add the video to your website. Copy this embed code and paste it into the 'Embed Code' box (#4 in the screenshot below) of the 'Add Video page'.
Option #2: Upload HTML5 Video
You can self-host your own videos if you have it in mp4 format. For better cross-browser compatibility, you should also upload a version in .webm & .ogg format.
4. Fill out remaining Video Fields.
- Short Video Title
- Category (only applies if you have multiple video categories created)
- Gallery Thumbnail (if none is specified, a black thumbnail image with a 'play' icon on top of it will display).
5. Click the "Add Video" button.
If uploading your own video file, it may take awhile for the process to finish.