The Image Manager allows you to modify and manage images that you saved to your account. This feature includes the following tools:
- Thumbnail Converter — Use this tool to create thumbnails from images in a directory and store them in a thumbnails subdirectory.
- Image Scaler — Use this tool to resize individual images.
- Convert to an Image Format — Use this tool to convert one type of image file to another file type and change the file type of all images in a directory. For example, you can change .jpg files to .png files.
The Thumbnail Converter creates smaller versions of images called "thumbnails." Create thumbnails to save bandwidth on a photo page, where you can view smaller previews of your images before you access the larger ones. To convert a directory of images to thumbnails, perform the following steps:
- Click "Thumbnail Converter".
- Select the directory that you wish to thumbnail. Click the folder icon to navigate the file system. Click on a folder name to select it.
Note:You must select an entire folder to convert to a thumbnail. The Thumbnail Converter cannot convert individual images.
- In the "Scale Percent" text boxes, enter the percentage by which you wish to shrink your images.
- Select the "Keep Aspect Ratio" checkbox to prevent the distortion of the image because the height and width will remain proportional.Click "Reset Dimensions" to return the "Scale Percent" values to the default.
- Click "Thumbnail Images".
The "Thumbnail Converter" will create a new thumbnails subdirectory within the selected folder. The thumbnail images are prefixed tn_ For example, tn_example.png
After the "Thumbnail Converter" converts your images into thumbnails, you will receive the following message:
The system successfully converted your images into thumbnail images and stored them in the following location: /home/user/.cpanel/thumbnails/tn_*
Click the thumbnail path to open the directory in the File Manager interface (Home >> Files >> File Manager).
The "Image Scaler" allows you to enter percentages to scale an image bigger or smaller. To resize an image, perform the following steps:
- Click "Image Scaler".
- Select the image that you wish to resize. Click the folder icon to navigate the file system. Click the file name to select it.
- To set the new image size, perform either of the following two steps:
-Use the "New Dimensions" text boxes to define, in pixels, how you wish to resize the image.
-Use the "Percent" text boxes to define the percentage that you wish to resize your images.
- Select the "Keep the Current Aspect" ratio checkbox to prevent the distortion of the image. This option will cause the height and width to remain proportional.
-Click "Reset Dimensions" to return the "Percent" values to the default.
- Select the "Retain a copy of the old image as" checkbox to store a copy of the original image. Specify the file path where you wish to save the copy in the text box.
- Click "Scale Image".
- Click "Your image" to view the rescaled image.
Convert to an Image Format
Use this tool to convert any of the supported file types from one type to another. To change an image's file type, perform the following steps:
- Click "Image Scaler".
- Select the directory or file that you wish to convert. Click the file folder to navigate the file system. Click on a folder name to select it. Click on a file name to select it.
- From the menu, select the file format to which you wish to convert your image or images. You may select any of the following file formats:
- Click "Convert".
After you complete the conversion, the new file will reside in the same directory as the original by default.