Can I swap out my own design photos?
Yes, if you have VedaCMS 9.0 or higher installed, it includes an 'Edit Page Photo' tool that allows you to change the photo built into the design on each page, but only if your design is compatible.
Designs that require special editing on the photo before it can be placed in the design will not be able to use this option. However, the Edit Page Photo tool can still be used to change the photo which appears on the mobile site.
Examples of incompatible designs:
- Photo edges that fade into the surrounding design background.
- Photos whose size/shape/position change between pages.
- Photos that require additional graphical elements (ie: swirls, frames, custom shadows, etc) overlaid or incorporated into the image.
- Fullscreen websites where the photo takes up a large part of the background.
1. Log into VedaCMS and click on "Pages".
2. Click the "Edit Page Photo" icon for the page you're changing.
3. Click the "Browse" button and select a new photo from your computer.
4. Click "Upload".
5. Adjust the crop of this photo however you like & then click "Crop".
(Note: the cropping step is skipped if your photo is already sized perfectly for the design).
6. Click "Done". The photo is now changed out. If you don't see it on your
website, try clearing your browser cache if refreshing the page a couple
of times doesn't work.